Queer and trans, lesbian and gay, bisexual, genderqueer, questioning people and allies.
GLOSSI is a community organization for LGBTQ+ people on Salt Spring Island.
- Encourages a positive and visible LGBTQ+ presence on Salt Spring Island
- Undertakes educational outreach on LGBTQ+ issues for Salt Spring, e.g., panels and workshops
- Offers social events—e.g., coffee gatherings, dances, meals, walks, poetry readings
- Organizes annual Pride events around the second weekend in September
- Helps community members to organize their own events with GLOSSI’s support and resources
- Offers connection and support in times of need
- Donations and support to projects which advance social justice in the LGBTQ+ and wider community
There are events to enjoy, justice issues to work on, committees to join and jobs that need doing. We celebrate Pride with a weekend-long festival on the weekend following Labour Day every September. Board meetings are held every month. We welcome your participation in any aspect of the society.
To see upcoming and ongoing Events, click here.
Thanks to Christopher Roy for use of his photos in the slider below